Boskloof Forest Cabin
Our very latest offering is Boskloof Forest Cabin: away from it all and in a hidden, isolated and secluded valley is our Boskloof Forest Cabin.
If you are looking for a getaway that is totally private and off the beaten track then this is it. Situated in a beautiful poplar forest, close to and in nature with your own private trail and far away from any hustle & bustle. The location is totally private and due to the close proximity of antelope, no pets or moutain biking is allowed.
A perfect getaway for a couple or a group of friends seeking solitude.
What you can expect
There is no 220 Volt Power, i.e No plugs or charge points
- Off the grid : Gas Fridge, Stove & Geysers. Candle Light. (Bring torches and extra candles)
- Relax and immerse yourself in the silence and beauty of nature
- You have exclusive access to a hiking trail, you can gently stroll in the forest or walk to a small rock pool and waterfall
- Sometimes there is the opportunity for ‘game viewing’ … Eland, Zebra and other wild animals roam around freely. THEREFORE no Pets or Mountain Biking allowed. Your bike will be stored with us and can be collected when you wish to cycle off the premises.
FACILITIES & SET-UP
The cabin is basic and equipped with everything you will need for a self-catering getaway.
- 3 bedrooms – 1 Queen Bed ; 1 Double bed ; 2 Single Beds
- 2 bathrooms – 1 with bath and 1 with shower (gas geysers)
- Bedding provided, bring own towels and personals
- Open plan lounge, dining and kitchen areas (gas fridge with small freezer compartment and gas stove/oven) fully equipped for a self-catering stay (no microwave etc)
- Inside fireplace (not for braaiing)
- Outside Braai including grid & tongs
- Large under-roof verandah
NB - There is approximately 5km of dirt road driving, and the last 1km is manageable with a “normal” car but better suited for higher clearance vehicles but 4x4 is not needed.
PLEASE NOTE :
- This cabin is NOT child friendly! The verandah around the house is high and Does Not have Railings! Children aged 10 and over are welcome.
- This cabin is NOT pet friendly, it is unfenced
- No day visitors are allowed
- We have water restrictions, so please use water wisely. Short showers please and use buckets in the showers for the loo’s.
RATES (from 1 October 2019 to the end of March 2020):
R800 per night for the first 2 people
Our farm is in a peaceful & tranquil setting, and this is appreciated by the majority of our visitors. Therefore NO music will be tolerated!
Unless of course you hire all the accommodation, then you can ‘party down’ as much as you like.