Assegai Rest – Covid 19 Safety Protocols
The safety and wellbeing of our Guests and Staff is our priority. We have always taken pride in the standard of hygiene, cleanliness, and sanitisation which our Guests have always been accustomed to at Assegai Rest. However, in response to the current situation we are enforcing even more stringent measures in line with the recommendations of international and national Health Authorities.
Both the Farm-house and the TiPi accommodations are self-catering and are situated far apart from each other to ensure absolute privacy with no / limited interaction with other Guests. To alleviate the risk of transmission, stringent social distancing etiquette will be implemented between guests and staff to reduce person-to- person contact.
- Prior to arrival, guests would have completed the Registration Form and Covid 19 Declaration
- This document is required by law, and it’s completion is mandatory prior to arrival
- On arrival the document will be printed and left at your accommodation for your for signature
- There is no ‘formal’ check-in, on arrival guests make their way to their TiPi tents / Assegai House and we will come by later to say hi, with the appropriate social distancing in place of course.
- There is at least 24 hours in-between the next guest check in. During that time the correct ventilation practices are undertaken.
- Cash handling will be kept to a minimum as far as possible.
- Surfaces are cleaned & sanitised frequently. Appropriate disinfectants are used.
- Good hand hygiene is encouraged. Sanitiser (70% alcohol based) is available throughout the property for use by staff and guests.
- Frequently touched surfaces are sanitised more regularly.
- We ventilate all rooms during cleaning.
- When replacing linen it is bagged in the room before transporting it.
Our team is trained and protected
- We screen our staff for any COVID-symptoms. Anyone showing temperatures higher than 37.5C, or showing any symptoms, are immediately sent home to obtain medical clearance
- Our staff are trained on best hygiene practices.
- The prescribed PPE is supplied to our team to safely manage their tasks.